I've always said one thing on my bucket list is to do a half marathon.
But I've always had my doubts that I could actually do it.
Lately, however, I've had this awsome mentality that If I want something to happen and it's a good thing that I'm GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.
No more day dreaming and wasting time.
So when some ladies brought it up at play group a few weeks ago that they would be running the Illinois Half I saw the perfect opportunity to join!
I knew I was starting from scratch and am in the worst shape of my life right now but you have to start somewhere. Right?
Since this conversation I have been trying to run as many mornings as possible with Jakey and even woke up one morning before Jacob and Dave and ran. That actually happened!
I was feeling like I wasn't getting in any better shape and wasn't pushing myself too hard & was doubting my mental capacity to run a half again, but I've kept it up.
Then this morning we got together for the first time as a group to run. Our goal was to run for 1 hour.
We showed up and it was freezing cold and dark and as I talked with the other ladies I seriously felt way out of my element.
They are all runners, like have a few halfs and even a marathon on their belt, and in shape and...was I really about to embarrass myself by seeing just how slow and out of shape I was with these guys attempting to run for an hour??? How crazy was I.
>>BUT<<
I'm happy to say I DID IT!
WOOOOO HOOOOO
I felt like a rockstar when they told me it was 6 miles in 60 minutes. (twice as far as I have ever ran)
I came home on cloud nine and told Dave how pumped I was and how proud of myself I was.
Then about 2 hours later I felt like a zombie and took a 2 hour nap with Jacob.
But now I feel GREAT again!!
I figured I better write down how awsome I felt that I accomplished something new today & how awsome it's going to feel to cross the finish line after running 13.2 miles. And How excited I am to really get in shape now that I've lost my 80lbs from prego weight!
If I didn't have those ladies to run with I would have pooped out way before the hour was through and probably would have taken about 2 hours to finish 6 miles.
But they kept me pushing.
Kept my mind busy with their stories.
And the beautiful fields and sunrise helped too.
TODAY FELT AMAZING!
If I keep this up I can call myself a runner.
HEYO!
2 comments:
That's so awesome Megan! Way to be determined!
You are amazing! Good for you.
Post a Comment