Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Labor & Delivery Class 1

So tonight Dave and I headed to the hospital to attend our first labor and delivery class. 
Chubbies kicked and punched the whole way through it. 

Our teacher Paula is really funny. She has been working at the hospital delivering babies for 38 years....so she kinda knows what she's talking about and was up for any questions and have really realistic answers. 
She also has no pride lol.

When it came to finding positions to help me deal with labor pains and having Dave coach me through them....We Failed. Dave just kept saying hilarious things in my ear and I spent each 60 second contration trying not to giggle out loud and disturb everyone else's concentration. Oh how I love that man. 

We are also on board for having music playing while I'm giving labor and are going to spend the next few weeks making a killer mix tape. 

The highlight of the evening.....watching my very first birthing video....I'm not going to lie...my mouth was open the whole time. I was a little overwhelmed. But when the lady got to hold her baby for the first time I felt the emotions come over me...I cried the car ride home. 

I'm just so excited for the moment I get to hold my baby boy and am willing to go through anything to get there. 

Chubbies you are so worth it....and so loved. 

At 28 weeks reality is setting in. I'm feeling great. We've settled on a name, but love calling our baby by his nick name ,chubbies, for now, so we'll wait and use his name when he's born. 

I can't believe my 1st two trimesters have all ready come and gone. 

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

Time really is flying! I can't wait to hear the name. And to see pictures of your first moments with your baby boy. Better than anything in the world.