Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas

My boss asked me yesterday if mormons celebrate Christmas.

This question caught me way off guard and I quickly replied "YES"
and explained that the full name of our church is
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of latter day Saints.

That "mormon" is just a nick name because we believe in the Book of Mormon.

We then talked about missions, where the chapel is in our town and a few other things.

I just want to clarify that I believe in Jesus Christ. I know that he was born in a manger and raised my his earthly parents Mary and Joseph but is the son of God.

He lived his life as an example to all of us.
He suffered for my sins.

The greatest gifts I have ever received and will ever receive are from my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.

And Christmas is my favorite holiday because I reflect on those gifts and my wonderful Savior's birth.



2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Aw I love reading your testimony. And I love to really focus on the Real meaning of Christmas. I just bought Amelia a board book with the story of Christ's birth and it will be so fun to read and make sure she understands what we're really celebrating.

Dana said...

megan,
i was touched by you sharing your testimony. made me a little teary eyed. what a blessing to know who we are and where we come from, and that our Heavenly Father and our Savior know us and love us and have shown us the way to live and be happy.
love you,
aunt dana
xo