

Right now I nanny for a wonderful family of three, ages 4, 7 and 9. They are great kids. Smart, funny and very creative. I have realized lately how much they REALLY learn from me and mirror my actions. I am constantly thinking of how to better teach them manors and how to be responsible and self reliant and to always always have some fun project for them. Being a nanny isn't like a regular 9-5 job....I find myself thinking about them and their problems and how to have a great next day way after I've left their home.
Lately at night there had been lots of tears because they miss mom or dad (they are divorced) It's hard for them and for me....I hate seeing their little tears. That's why I invented the HUG-O-METER. They tell me on a scale of 1-10 how big of a hug they need before they go to bed to help cheer them up and then we either give baby hugs or squeeze eachother till it hurts....(they feel better after and are all smiles) of course we have long talks some nights too. I just sit and listen to them about things that make them sad and help to let them know it's okay to feel that way but look at how much we have to be greatful for. Every morning this week we've done sometihng extra special to help cheer them up before school. Monday morning we made waffles, Tuesday morning we frosted our sugar cookies from family home evening the night before, Today we played telephone, which might not sound that special but with these kids it can be the funnest game ever. They think of the craziest things to say and just sit and laugh for a long time after it goes around and comes out butchered. (usually due to little miss 4 year old ). I can't wait for summer to come, I have so many fun trips planned and lots of outdoors activities to play. Their favorite being t.v. tag and cruising in their power wheels....Our spring ambition is to make a garden. Each child has picked out what they would like to plant and they are in charge of the planting and watering and weed pulling.....we are pretty excited!! April 1st is our day to plant! I'm thinking about planting a small fruit tree. I think that would be so fun for them to go pick their own fruit and have some shade while they work in the garden. I wish I could take them to California and have them walk through the orchars filling their baskets with their fruit. It's one of my favorite things to do back home in the summer! Maybe I will find some out here in Utah Anyhoo.....I love being a nanny! Life is good! ANy tips or fun ideas are always welcome!
1 comment:
Hey cuties- I infiltrated your private blog!! Ha Ha Ha!!! I will now be stalking you! Look out!!! :)
Post a Comment