I have been trying to spend more time with Dave in his research lab. Lately he has been craming for the MCAT and has been so busy working on getting some research published along with his regular school projects and work. This man is Superman I swear. We've been having lots of meals in his lab and listening to pandora while he works and I read. I have really been enjoying our time together there. Here are some fun things I have found this week that I am excited to try.
First.... some Gel Electrophoresis cookies...they look just like what Dave does in the lab.

So cute huh? Her baking ideas are GENIUS!!!
Second...my boss recently had me take DNA swabs of the kids last night so that he can get THIS....
Your probably wondering what This is...Well my boss is having canvas art made of his and his children's decoded DNA. We had a FHE lesson on how unique they are and that no one has the same DNA they do. Everyone has a unique "You" code. I asked them what makes something expensive/valueble...they answered how rare it is. Then I told them there is only one of YOU so that makes you priceless. Then we took their DNA swabs to mail in. It was such a fun lesson and I am so excited to get the canvases back to hang up for them. One day I would like to do this for Dave and I and kids too. Check it out....www.dna11.com. (little pricey but only because not very many people make DNA art yet. I asked Dave to see if maybe he could figure out a way to decode our DNA in his lab for me to make a print to frame. we shall see.)
So Geek Chic!
No comments:
Post a Comment