Dave and I took a trip down to Southern Utah last weekend to stay with his Grandma Stratton in Cedar City while Dave presented some research st SUU at the annual Undergraduate Research convention for Utah. Because Dave is so busy with school, work and studying for the MCAT non-stop, it was so great to just pack up and head out with no worries for a few days. We daydreamed the whole drive down about our future family, future house, future dream cars....it was really fun. Saturday we dorve to Pearl Junction where his family owns an alfalfa farm. It's about 300 acres of alfalfa and a few thousand for the cattle. Daves family would drive there every summer and stay for a week or two so Dave has a lot of fond memories there. Grandpa Holt gave a 49 dodge truck to Dave which we hope to restore one day! One day....
Dave took lots of pictures of his truck so that he can start getting appraisels or parts that he might need one day. While he was poking around he got a teenie tiny cut on his finger. On our way back to Provo he kept commenting on how his finger really itched....then it began to swell. We made it home safe and went to bed....the next morning Dave had swollen up at all of his joints (elbows, wrists, ankles, knees, fingers etc.) and was itchy and red. It was hard for him to walk and not be in pain. We googled what it could be and figured he must have an allergic reaction or a bacterial infection from the cut so we picked up the benedryl and hydrocordizone cream....but nothing worked. We decided it would be best if we went to Urgent care...They took a few tests but couldn't conclude what it was so gave him medicine for both Tetnus and an allergic reaction. He's back to normal now, took him a few days. Thank goodness, Dave was so calm but I definately was not so well at hiding my worries for him. I new Dave was accident prone when I met him and now that we're married I'm glad I get to take care of him, sometimes I want to wrap him in bubble wrap and give him a helmet to wear at all times though.
2 comments:
I love the pictures with the truck! But oh no for what happened to Dave. I'm glad it all went away, but that's pretty scary that he swelled over all his joints. I would freak out!
Very cute pictures of you two. Love Dave's truck that will be fun for him to fix up and have for a hobby. That is so scary about Dave's reaction to his cut, so glad he is okay though.
Post a Comment