Friday, January 27, 2012

36 weeks

I am in a little bit of a state of shock right now. 
I just got home from my sono and doctors appointments and guess what folks....
Chubbies is allready about 8 lbs 8 oz. That's the 99 percentile.
She showed me the pictures of the chart and he is OFF IT.
He's only 36 weeks!
At this point even if the measurements are off a bit he is officially HUGE. 
My doctor started talking planned C-section today. There is no way they are letting me go to 40 weeks. She's thinking at 38 weeks. 
It's just too much of a risk when it comes to baby boy's shoulders to deliver vaginally if they let him get bigger and bigger and bigger...like he's doing. 
I just stared at her and got a HUGe smile. I am so excited of the thought of only having to wait 2 more weeks. 
And at the same time I felt a little like crying. 
Doc's sign off words to me were...."you can go home and tell your husband (who was 10.7 at birth) that he has contributed more than enough to this baby of yours...and that he can carry the next one" 
I burst out laughing. 

I could very well go into labor still before it comes to having to plan a c though. 
I go back to the doc next Friday to check if my body is getting ready for labor and then in 2 weeks for one more sono...after that sono if he's still off the charts then we will plan a c-section for that week.

I'll admit I have often thought a planned C-section would be great...no having to deal with contractions and you know right when baby boy is coming, right??
I've heard mixed things about the recovery.
But I am so afraid of needles and drugs etc. Because I have no experience with any of it really. 

I could not be more happy to have such an awsome doctor though. I love her. She is so on the ball and makes me feel like I can do anything like a champ. 

Other good news is if I have a planned C-section in my 38th week baby boy will be here before all of daddy's exams comes so they will get to spend more quality time together. 
My due date fell directly in the middle of all of his exams....which is AWFUL for dad and me because dad would be tortured to leave and study for them and we would miss him terribly. 
Also my mumsy can schedule her flight out to stay with me and chubbies and not worry about missing a moment. 

I feel good about this!
So excited.

Now I just need to go return any newborn or 0-3 month clothes I have and just get 6 month clothes instead lol



3 comments:

Janae said...

I'm so excited....I can't wait to see my new nephew.loves

Betsy said...

It all sounds exciting. I'm glad you have such a great doctor. And a C-section will be just fine. I agree that there is something GREAT about knowing exactly when that baby is going to come =0). Love you!

Dana said...

wow! this baby is going to be here before you know it! are you taking guesses on what he's going to weigh in at? i remember that anticipation of waiting to finally meet the little person you've been carrying for 9 months! what an amazing blessing to become a mother! lots of love! keep us posted!
aunt(ie) dana xo