Saturday, January 7, 2012

third trimester

THEN...
I was 30 weeks. Had been feeling just great for a while and enjoying my growing baby bump.
NOW...

 I'm 33 weeks....and all of the sudden I feel like I have become pathetic.
If something falls to the ground...it stays on the ground.
It's become extremely hard to get on my shoes and pants....because of the bending over and also because my feet are so so swollen. 
My Belly is just HUGE.
I lose all of my energy so quickly. 
I can't sleep because I'm pretty uncomfortable and chubbies kicks are so strong now they wake me up.
Peeing has become almost an hourly event it feels like. 
and when I get overly tired or hungry the tears just start flowing, which Dave keeps saying is so cute but I think he is just being sweet....like always.

I LOVE BEING PREGNANT!
I just can't get over the fact that Heavenly Father designed a way for a little baby to grow inside of me. 
I feel so so so blessed to have this little man with my in my tummy all day long and am anxious for him to come so I can hold him in my arms and give him kisses all day long.
People are so friendly to pregnant women and just love to come up and talk to me and asked me questions about everything, offer me a seat or drink.
Also I love watching my husband and the seeing the sweet things he does or says to me and our little baby boy. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and sweet father for our son.


We had an ultrasound yesterday at the doctor and we got to see chubbies face. 
Can you see his little nose and cheeks....his fist just below his chin...
I think he's posing like uncle Rico.

Here's what we learned at the doctor.
His head is down...woo hoo
He weighs about 5 lbs. 11 oz.
 (72nd percentile, so as of now he's the perfect size, not overly huge at all like we thought he might be, so hopefully he stays on that path, and I still have weeks to go)
His body is measuring a week ahead of schedule length-wise

Our doctor just kept saying..."everything looks excellent! Which is just what a mom wants to hear. 
Daddy Dave and I stared at his picture all day long yesterday.
We are excited to start setting up his crib and cleaning house so that we are all ready for whenever he might come.

The closer Labor comes for me the calmer I have been about it. I used to be deathly afraid of the pain I knew would be coming...I've been saying lots of prayers that I will be calm and nice during contractions....I really want it to be an enjoyable experience for Dave rather than me being a crazy at him the whole time.
I just have no idea what I'm going to be like.

It's so close now, yet so far.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

So close! And you are looking gorgeous. I was a crier during labor. I didn't yell or get mad, I just quietly cried to myself through the pain. Ha ha, don't know if that will help you. Chubbies is so lucky to have you guys as parents, you are going to be the greatest.