
(finishing my first 5k in Martinez with my mom)
So as of now I am officially feeling like the laziest girl in my entire family. My mother is constantly running races and riding her bike or hiking. My sister Janae just finished a half marathon and Ashley has ran in numerous races as well. Myself.....I've done two 5ks. Both which I didn't really train for but did for fun. My mom and I were talking on the phone the other day and I was telling her how I feel like I need to train and run for something so I can stop feeling like the fat lazy girl in the bunch. And so.....we came to the conclusion to run the Provo Caynon half marathon. THAT'S 13.1 MILES! holy moly. I don't know if I am physically capable of this but I sure am going to try.
How am I going to make it.....baby steps. I woke up today and ran 2 miles. That is 2 miles more than I have ran all month. Tomorrow I plan to run three.
I'm making this post so you can all hold me accountable. Don't let me quite on my goal.
Also if you have any training tips or good songs for my ipod please comment them.
.BABY STEPS.
2 comments:
I'm sure you can find a few training schedules online. And if you're first baby step is 2 miles, I'd say that's pretty good! And already increasing 50% for the second day, those are giant baby steps to me.
WOW!! I'm so very proud of you to take this challenge on. I wish you lots of luck and motivation to stick with your training and finish line. I have only ran 4 miles, then hurt my knee and it still bothers me to run on it. So hopefully it will get better so I can start running again. Run Forrest Run!!
Post a Comment