Tuesday, September 7, 2010

thump thump

Today really is an amazing day!!! Yes, it's true I'm home sick in bed. Sneezing and coughing and sleep deprived, but I feel like I'm on cloud nine. You see....this morning Dave and I went to the doctor's office for attempt #2 to hear the baby's heartbeat and to make sure I wasn't dying. ( I'm not FYI ) Attempt #1 we heard nothing and I left bawling because I was fearing the worst. (which isn't saying much because I pretty much bawled through the whole first trimester) But today we heard it loud and clear. Like a little drummer. The little one is apparently growing away in my baby cooker....and even though we haven't seen it yet, hearing it made it so much more real. The shocking news....I have lost weight in my first trimester, even though I feel large and in charge and my doctor says I need to fatten up more now. So if anyone has any tips or any good recipes....let me know. I did get some unisom, which will hopefully help me eat and sleep better. Being pregnant is the BEST though! We will get back from Europe just in time to make it to our first ultrasound appointment on October 5th. So we'll be seeing you then little one! Can't wait!

My first French phrase I learned "Ju seis enciente" which means "I'm pregnant" ;)

I'm a proud momma today and I all ready love my little one soooooooooooooo much!

Oh no....here come the tears again!!!! Bring 'em on.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Derek & I are so excited for you guys! It's fun being pregnant knowing you have your own little baby growing inside of you. I'm glad you heard the heart beat today! I'll never forget the first time we heard Levi's. Get better soon!

Cami and Juan said...

Yay you heard her little heart! I am calling it right now, you're having a girl. I just can't even wait to find out. And I also can't wait for your trip!

Cami and Juan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy said...

You are too cute, and I'm glad you got to hear the heart beating today! Congrats!! and LOVE YOU!