Thursday, January 20, 2011

I can hear the illiNOISE

It's Decided.

In June 2011 Dave and I will be moving to Illinois to attend University of Illinois.

We will live in St.Louis for June and July with Dave's parents while we find a place to live, sleep in, act like bums, work on making babies very discretely, read all of the books we have on our list of "books we want to read" and anything we can think of that we can do together or with family as much as possible before Dave devotes his life to becoming a doctor again.

School starts on August 16th....our 3 year anniversary.

We will attend our first year at UOI's campus in Champagne IL and our last three in Peoria IL.
Then we will make the other big decision of where to do his residency
We're thinking St.Luois, but who knows.

We are getting really "trunkee", Dave has a huge case of senioritis, he day dreams in class all day and forgets to do homework all the time.....and will still get all A's like always, and I have a huge case of the "IloveschoolbutIhopeitgoesquickthissemestercauseIcan'twaitforanewadventureITIS."

BYU has been good to us and will be missed....but it will be great one day to bring our kids back and check them into the dorms, show them where dad and I met, where we lived, where we would go to feed the duckies almost every sunday afternoon, where our favorite hole in the wall burger joint was, where we had our first kiss, where we used to sit and talk for hours, where we went to church, where we studied together in the library and then deck ourselves out for a BYU football game together.

I'm so proud of my husband and all of his hard work...he makes all our dreams come true.

I love you Dr.Dave

I am amazed at the amount of JOY we have in our lives after this experience and am thankful for all of your prayers and hugs and smiles. It's only been 4 moths now.


6 comments:

Berry Family said...

Congratulations on the exciting adventure/move. Hope it all continue to goes well.

Bickmores said...

Congratulations on your exciting future!

Cami and Juan said...

You will be leaving before we head out to Texas! I know what you mean, it is hard not to look on to the future adventure and get excited. Chicago! That will be so wonderful.

Betsy said...

XOXOX

Alysha said...

That is fun news! Good luck on your new adventure!

Susie said...

CONGRATS to you both!! That is very exciting news and you will be surround by the love and support of Dave's sweet family. I wish you both the best of luck closing one chapter in your life and starting a brand new chapter. Enjoy your last 5 months in happy valley , those were our fun times too.