Friday, September 2, 2011

Maine

Well, sadly our reunion with the Holt Clan ended and we headed back to Dave's parents house where we would be staying for a few weeks until medical school started.

These two nieces came back with us to Grandma's house where we played for a week until Uncle Dave and I flew them back to Maine to their parents and to spend a week exploring Maine.


We got off the plane and met up with this little cutie (our nephew) and his mom and went straight to the Beach.

Maine is beautiful.

then we went to what people in Maine call "camp" but it's really a lake house.
We enjoyed lots of time swimming, boating, jet skiing, roasting hot dogs and marshmellows and lots of fishing.


Dave, his sister and brother in law did a triathalon one morning while I stayed home all snuggled in bed with three little cuties watching cartoons and eating crackers.
(morning sickness isn't so bad with nieces and nephews to help you smile through it)


We spent a day in Bar Harbor

Just goofing around and trying lobster ice cream.


I can't even remember all of the other beaches and towns we went to but they were all gorgeous.
To top it all off we had some delicious Maine Lobster in the backyard.


My only regret is that I was sick a lot of the time growing my baby so I didn't feel as fun and adventurous as I usually am...but we had a wonderful time regardless and hope to go back soon.

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

You are so cute Megan. I bet everyone else thought you were your fun, adventurous self. It's hard to do it all when you are pregnant. We are supposed to be partying it up during Juan's time off, and I've been knocking out around 9 pm each night. lol, life of a pregnant woman.

Susie said...

What amazing trip that must of been to spend it with Betsy's family!! Looks like you all did a lot of fun adventures!!