Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peoria

Have you ever felt like you were meant to be exactly where you are. 

This morning I realized on my jog with Jacob that this is EXACTLY where I am suppose to be. Here in Peoria with my wonderful healthy joy of a baby, with my incredibly sweet, loving and hardworking husband in our new house that we are making our home. 

It's the little things... 
...like having your neighbor tell you they prayed for a young couple with kids to move in next door and we were an answer to their prayers. And having her be a stay at home mom too. ( who is so fun)
...like having the R.S. counselor call you up your first week in the ward, before they even know me at all and asking me to teach a craft class (they know me so well already lol)
...like meeting moms at the park that live down the street and have baby boys the same age as mine
...like having a feeling of peace day in and day out
...like having boy scouts knock on your door selling tickets to the ice cream social down the street at the fire house and having a blast when you go
...like knowing you live in a place where everyone has a small town mentality...like pride in their local grocery store that just opened and having a volunteer library at the church a block away. Having a neighbor who knows everybody's name and brings you apples from their trees to make apple pies with and tells you to come over anytime because we're neighbors now which makes us family. (so sweet)
...like feeling Heavenly Father loves me and knows me so well that he lead us to this town called Peoria because he knew I would feel like I fit right in. 

These are the thoughts that were going through my head as I jogged with Jacob around my neighborhood this morning.

I'm feeling blessed and looking forward to exploring our new town with my son and all of the adventure we will find & friends we will make.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

Oh I am so happy for you. You and your little family, and your description of your new home. I love that you are loving it.