Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Photos for Mom

My FB status yesterday went something like this, " True love is when your husband disappears in the morning and comes back to surprise you with 30 antique windows and other fun antiques for you to play with" 

My mom read this and demanded I send her pictures ASAP...

and I figured I would put them on the blog because I really thought my husband was so incredibly thoughtful to get these things for me when he saw them on the "free" page of craigslist.

Who ever thought flowers were the sweetest gift has never been given a gift like THIS.

He's the BEST HUSBAND EVER!
Turns out the man who posted the add was a landscaper who had a chunk of land he just dumped things he had collected over time. He was selling his land and needed to get rid of it so Dave was all over that.

Here is the milk container and 1 of 2 white chairs.


also you can see the porch we have started sanding and are getting ready to stain next weekend.

All of the glorious window I plan to paint and hang wreaths on and attach planter boxes on and so much more to sell.


some lumber 


some pallets for good measure


cute sturdy boxes I haven't decided what to do with yet.


oh and he gave me this adorable little baby boy whom I cherish above anything in the whole wide world!


We had a game night date playing ping pong last weekend and Jacob just stood under that table like this and talked most of the night....until he found the glass door and then had a date with himself giggling and high fiving his reflection for an hour.

Here are the pumpkins that came from the hilarious plant that some how appeared from the time we looked at the house to the time we moved in. 


There was a large tree stump we asked them to remove before we moved in, which they did, but then the dirt they filled it in with had pumpkin seeds in it and this grew.

 
When we pulled it out our neighbors across the street came out and cheered. 
It was a good feeling!


Next weekend. We refinish the porch, get rid of the rail road ties in the front yard and find brick for a new retaining wall....and I have 2 photo shoots lined up. 
HA!
We always plan like this and really just get one big thing done and end up playing with these chubby little cheeks the rest of the weekend.

sweet potatoes.....his FAV!

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

He is so cute! I just love seeing pictures of him. And that is a lot of free stuff, score. Thank goodness you have a house to store it all in.