Friday, August 14, 2009

Beauty is on the inside


I am so lucky to have a husband that makes me feel so beautiful regaurdless of the growing doughnut I wear around my waste and the slow speed at which I attempt to keep up with him while we run. However, I have lived a good summer/life and ate way too many delicious foods in very large portions. I am challenging myself to get back in shape, not so much for appearances, even though I feel a bit large and in charge at times, but so that I won't be winded when I run up the stairs or play tag with the kids or go hiking with my mom or play football with Dave. I'm hoping to report progress each week!

This last week I pushed myself at the gym....I'm happy to report I lost 3lbs and am feeling great! I've rediscovered how delicious cottage cheese and fruit is for lunch. And I made a relay course for the kids which required dashing around the yard in circles and finishing by jumping around on the trampoline (I was still winded but I like to think it was a tad bit less).

So here is to self improvement and feeling good about your self by accomplishing whatever you set out to do!

This song is rediculous but it made me giggle when I found it...

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

You look so good! Always! I'm glad you're pushing yourself though and that it makes you feel good. That's the best part about exercise.

Susie said...

I wish lots of luck!! It sounds like your very dedicated which always helps.