
After Dave and I met and spent an amazing summer together at BYU in 2004 it was time for me to head back to California and Dave to head home to prepare for his mission. My lovely roomate at the time made me a mix tape of love songs to keep me sane without Dave by my side. The CD wasn't labeled. The first song on there became mine and Dave's "song" you could say. He would always sing it to me and I would melt. When he was on his mission I think I listened to it on repeat for two years straight. But we never knew who sang it. We've never heard the song anywhere else besides on this CD.
So this Cd has been missing since we got married and was just rediscovered when I made Dave rearrange our bedroom last night. We played it this morning on repeat and he sang to me while I giggled like a little girl. Sounds cheesy....it is!!! But I love my husband and the life we have with eachother.
This morning I did a search from the lyrics in the song and found out who sings is finally.....only took 5 years. The song is Stephen Speak's "Out of my League". I put it on my playlist to share with all of you. Enjoy!
2 comments:
you guys are so cute!
Your such cute love birds. I had know Idea that you waited for Dave while he served his mission. So sweet of him to sing to you. LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment