Well I took a few days off work to lay like broccolli in bed because I was sick and today was my first day back....I wasn't sure if I was quite up for it because I still felt awful and sound like a frog....which the kids constantly told me over and over again.
Tonight the kids school held a fund raiser at Orem's CLASSIC SKATE roller rink so I took all of the kids there with their scooters. I love that they let kids bring scooters there. The DJ was playing such good music and the girls just couldn't stop coming over to me and showing off their best dance moves. I was laughing so hard that it made me forget how awful I was feeling (I've been sick for a few days and this was my first day back to work) So I requested "Thriller" by MJ when they weren't looking, which has been their favorite song since Halloween when they were introduced....When it came on they went balistic and got out of the rink as soon as they could to come dance. They showed me all of the Thriller moves I taught them in the kitchen Halloween weekend x10. Goodtimes.....when we got home Sam (the eldest boy) was a ninja till lights out, which included hiding my keys sneakily so I couldn't go home.
They recently figured out that by hiding my keys...I stay longer. MAkes me feel loved but I need to start remembering to hide my keys so they can't find them and hide them.
It was a wacky night....but as I sit here now with my roll of toilet paper in hand and a row of pills to take to make me feel better...I'm laughing and smiling to myself.
I love being a nanny.....
3 comments:
Sounds like SUCH a fun time! I'm glad it got you out of your sick funk and hopefully you're feeling completely better soon. Small blessing in all of this- that you didn't get sick last week during your week of BUSY-ness. Maybe that's what made you sick!
That sounds like a very fun time you had. Sorry to hear you were sick, not fun at all. I bet you have the time of your life being a nanny.
You are so awesome Megan! I didn't know that you have mad dance skills. Will you teach me Thriller @ Christmas?
Also i LOVE your playlist!
Post a Comment