Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Running Home



My half marathon training is going a lot better than I expected. I've been able to run atleast up to 2 miles a day and sometimes up to six miles. That is my hump....I just mentally poop out after 6, even though my body feels like it can keep going.Even if I don't make it the whole 13.5 miles for the race, I have all ready made it farther than I ever could have imagined. I used to get tired after running for like 5 minutes....and now I can run 5 miles and it's no big deal. And I am actually enjoying my runs. I guess this means I'M A RUNNER, just like my momma : ).
Who'd a thunk it.


My sister Ashley and I went running a few times while we were in California. We got stranded in the rain miles from home, however, it was while we were at the Beautiful Marina....so I didn't really mind. We hid out in the local bait shop there until it stopped...then ran to the train station where we had to take shelter again because it started storming again. It was a fun adventure. I forgot just how beautiful it is there...but they say home is where the heart is and I left my heart in Provo with Dave!

No comments: