Most people think they have good friends but I just had to take a moment to brag about some of ours... Not only are they fun, hilarious, we could talk forever with them, we never get sick of them, can't get enough of them....but they are soooo thoughtful and caring too.
Dave and I have been pretty recluse since we moved into our new apartment....be it school, loosing our little one and work...it seems like every free moment we have had, we have kept to ourselves!
So this weekend we decided we were going to hang out with some of our favorite friends.
aka...the besties lol
Out of the 8 of these friends 5 of them have October birthdays so we went to Tucanos SLC for their free birthday lunches.
We laughed a lot and ate enough food to feed a small country.
Then we watched the BYU football game. (horrible)
Then we went to Sammy's....our favorite, hole in the wall, burger joint, and got pie shakes.
Then had a great game night.
At the end of the night they suprised Dave and I with a gift.
It was a WAY too expensive gift card to only be used for a weekend getaway for 2, with an explanation saying they loved us and knew we needed it after what we just went through and Dave leaving so much for med school interviews soon. and that we had to take photos, when appropriate, to prove we used it for a getaway.
I couldn't help but cry. Spending the day out with them was enough for me, but how amazingly thoughtful!
Especially because we are all poor college students and they are all about to have babies!!
If they are half as good at being parents as they are at being good friends to Dave and I....they will still be amazing parents!!!! I mean it!
So......yes....our friends are awsome in every way!
Dave and I plan to use our gift when we are ready to try for little one #2. hehe
we feel so blessed because we know these aren't our only awsome friends!
1 comment:
Oh that is so nice of them. You guys deserve the getaway. You are so awesome and examples to all of us, that's why you have so many good friends.
Post a Comment