Sunday, February 27, 2011

On the Brain

Day 27

People keep telling me that it is common to not get a positive until you actually go into the doctor and get tested.
A friend at church today told me her sister in law went in being 2 months late like me and bingo, she was totally prego!
I haven't heard back form Dr. Grover, but I am making an appointment first thing tomorrow after noon.
If it's a negative still...
Dave and I plan to go to Sushi in SLC this weekend and try harder lol
If it's a positive....I'll let cha know.

Either way...
I know Heavenly Father knows what's up
I am "practicing my patience"
just like I always tell the kids I nanny to do.

Dave and I have talked multiple times about if we should wait to tell people when I get pregnant again until we are in the safe zone...

but technically I was in the "safe" zone last time

So we have both decided that there is no point in waiting next time.
(I am also horrible at keeping secrets of my own)
So we plan to share the news in a timely manner

and if I do end up miscarrying again, at least I will have friends and family to help comfort me again.

It's a scary thought that I might have to go through all of the emotions all over again.
But I would do it a hundred times if I got a beautiful baby in the end.

And it is comforting to know that about myself.

My due date was March 12th. So Dave and I have signed up to run in the Rex Lee Run that day.
Which is something to celebrate, because Dave purposed to me the same day I ran the Rex Lee Run in 2008. I am looking forward to having a day full of wonderful memories and recognizing how blessed I am to be healthy and strong with a husband I adore.

YOU should come join us!

1 comment:

Whitmer Family said...

Although I don't know you very well, I admire you tons! Miscarriages are hard...we just went through one too, there are no words to express how much heartache, but growth we can make from such a crudy experience. I hope things go well at your doctors appointment. :)