Friday, October 30, 2009

The Perfect Storm

This week has been absolutely INSANE. I had 4 tests and a term paper to turn in and a Halloween Party to plan and exicute for my boss and all of his family for tonight (that he didn't tell me about until Wednesday night) as well as prepare a lesson for teaching R.S. this Sunday. Dave, on the other hand, had his Orca grant to write, his classes and jobs always are keeping him busy and his lack of sleep these days is wearing him down, which wears me down too. It was THE PERFECT STORM and it isn't over yet. How to we cope???? Well this is the first week that we have said our prayers and read our scriptures every night.....even if we are exausted. I know if we hadn't been doing this I would be in tears instead of surviving. Just having those few moments each day when we're doing something together and inviting the spirit has been a lifesaver. We also planned a date for the weekend....some "Dave and Megan" time, which we don't do as often as we should. We are going to Tucanos, which is our favorite Brazillian resturaunt. Dave says it is the most authentic he has been to in the states.

So sorry if we have neglected just about everyone this week and sorry if I am a nutcase while teaching the lesson this Sunday!!! I will be saying lots of prayers that I won't just break down in tears the whole time (which is kind of inevitable) or keel over and fall asleep.

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Your lesson is going to be wonderful, I just know it. And the week is almost over, just hang on! Juan also gets 0 sleep and even though I'm not busy, I feel overwhelmed for him!

Susie said...

Keep Your head up and things will lighten up. So glad we have the gospel in our lives to help us through our trials and everyday help.