Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Valentine

Valentines Day is next week. A day I look forward to all year in hopes that Dave with do something outlandishly romantic for me..... Dave is not a particularly sentimental person. He would much rather show me he loves me by how hard he works and small acts of kindness like doing the dishes for me when I'm exausted or making dinner.....which I know he likes to do just because he's better than me at it ;). But when it comes to holidays like Valentines Day I don't think he likes going BIG! It's just another day to show me he loves me. This year we decided we would definately be going to Tucanos, our favorite Brazillian resturaunt that is too expensive to ever go unless there is a fine occasion. When I called to make the reservations today they said they are having a Valentines special where they will cover our table with a cute cloth and a candle, include chocolate covered strawberries and roses. I was delighted to hear this and decided I am not going to nag Dave one bit for the next week or say one word about Valentines Day... but will secretly plan my outlandish act of love alone to suprise him. My ultimate plan is to spoil him rotten with love and food! Every Valentines Day I will get more and more outragous and then one year he will top it....I can wait for that year! And just incase I come off as ungreatful for Dave and his subtle acts of love I want to set the record straight that I would take a whole year of knowing I am loved every single day than one Valentine's Day with a big hoopla. I'm lucky that we get to have both.

Anyhoo...I am just really excited for next weekend and hope you are all thinking of something special to do as well.

5 comments:

Manda Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manda Sue said...

neat post. Agreed. A whole year of lots of love is so much better then a great big hoopla, but the hoopla is sure exciting/sweet when it happens!! :) Happy heart day!

Betsy said...

Oh, Megan, this made me laugh all the way through it. That is so Dave...If you secretly carry out your plan, one year he will for sure have to top it, and he will do better than anyone alive has ever done, and you will have hit jackpot! I love Valentines day too, but I guess ours takes second stage to our anniversary 2 days later =0). Love you and hope you have a fabulous Valentines day....eat lots of meat for me!

Cami and Juan said...

I love your secret plan, I just hope he doesn't read your blog! I love Valentine's Day. I have to come up with a yummy dessert to make since it's on a sunday so we will celebrate in-house.

David and Megan said...

dave reading a blog.....not going to happen lol, We are just doing all of our vday plans saturday, since Sundays are always a mad house now!